Software Development Manager – TREAT Automation
Shift DescriptionJob ID P123045 Date posted 11/11/2016
Align Technology is a global medical device company that pioneered the invisible orthodontics market with the introduction of the Invisalign system in 1999. Today, we develop innovative, technology-rich products such as Invisalign system of clear aligner treatments, the iTero scanner services to help dental professionals achieve the clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to create and manage our new Treatment Automation team in Singapore.
We are looking for a leader who can build and inspire a team to drastically speed up the way we do treatment simulation and planning for our doctors and patients. We want to automatize and rationalize a lot of the manual steps we take today in our treatment planning process, which is an advanced 3D Dental Orthodontics CAD system enabling full end-to-end patient-specific simulations. With a passion for understanding our current users, distributed around the world, the team shall imagine solutions to reduce the most time consuming actions and automatize them partially or fully.
- Work with our operational managers and product managers to acquire a detailed understanding our processes and tools and their challenges
- Become a proactive contributor to solutions design & development for increasing the automation level in our treatment planning process
- Collaborate with other Software Development teams in areas of joint responsibilities
- Conduct efficient prototyping and prototype evaluation as required
- Communicate effectively the project status to customers and Project Managers and other stakeholders as required
- Collaborate with the Software QA team to determine the best approaches to testing
- Participate in on-site work aimed at realization, debugging and implementation of software applications
- Hire top talent Software Developers; train and develop staff
- Responsible for people management within the Software Development team
- 4+ years of managing a team of 5+ developers
- 6+ years of practical professional coding experience
- 2+ years of practical professional C++ experience
- Proficient in Analytical Geometry & Linear Algebra at University Level
- 3D or CAD development experience highly appreciated
- Agile Project Management experience highly appreciated
- Willingness to comply with a medical device Class II SDLC
- MS Degree or higher in Computer Science, or related fields (Math, Physics, Electrical Engineering)
- MS Visual Studio C++, Windows, Git, Jira