UI Designer - Mobile Application Design
Shift DescriptionJob ID P122513 Date posted 11/11/2016
Align Technology is the industry leader and innovator in medical devices which focuses on revolutionizing the dental and orthodontic industry. Align Technology is looking for a UI Designer for our expanding Raleigh, NC office. This exciting new role would be part of a culture that is helping to improve lives every day through digital dentistry.
The UI Designer should have exceptional skills with Mobile App UI design, layouts, color schemes, and etc This role will be part of Align Technology goal to deliver our clear aligners (Invisalign®) and 3D scanners (iTero®) to our customers. We would love for you to join a fun and cutting-edge technology company that has helped create over 4 Million Smiles (#4MILLIONSMILES).
The UI Designer will work with our Product Engineering, Marketing and R&D teams to define a clear user experience for our desktop, web and mobile applications which are used by orthodontist and dentists worldwide.
A successful candidate will create and communicate UI concepts and product prototypes which can initiate discussion and define requirements for UI development in our applications to stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Work very closely with marketing and development teams to create cutting-edge designs that will ensure ease of use and understanding throughout our products
- Report into the Director of Product Engineering Management (PEM) in our North Carolina location
- Investigation of key users’ needs performing user interviews, analyzing current usage statistics and performing usability testing of UI interactive prototypes, mockups and wireframes
- Creation of design specifications and visual assets for the development team.
- Designing each screen or page with which a user interacts and ensuring that the UI visually communicates the path that a UX designer has laid out
- Work with multiple groups to create UI’s that are intuitive and elegant which will enable the doctors and orthodontists to better use and navigate our suite of products.
- BS & M.S. in Computer Design or a related field. Substitute education for yours of equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years working in the software industry as a UI designer
- 5+ years working with desktop, web and mobile applications
- 5+ years of having a thorough understanding for font usage, layouts, colors schemes and examples of previous work
- 5+ years of experience with UI/wire-framing and visual design software including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, Axure, or other tools
Nice to Have/Optional
- Experience working in the field of digital dentistry or orthodontics
- 10-20% domestic and internationally
- Android Developer R&D Raleigh, North Carolina