Group Specialist, Special Markets
Shift DescriptionJob ID P130760 Date posted 04/20/2017
Align Technology is a global medical device company that pioneered the invisible orthodontics market with the introduction of the Invisalign system in 1999. Today, we develop innovative, technology-rich products such as Invisalign clear aligner treatments and iTero scanners to help dental professionals achieve the clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients.
The Group Specialist, Special Markets will represent a key addition to the Special Markets Team at Align Technology, working closely with the Group Relationship Manager, Business Development Team, and Partner Leadership.
Job Title: Group Specialist, Special Markets
Department: Special Markets
Location: Raleigh, NC
Job Type: Full-Time
The Group Specialist, Special Markets will work to effectively establish a support relationship with customer leadership through the direction of the Group Relationship Manager and Business Development Team. Strengths include a superior focus to provide excellent partner service, acting as the nerve center and triage of partner needs and requests. The Group Specialist, Special Markets will work with the business development team to understand the customer dynamic and provide education and program recommendations based on the multi-dimensional education pathway in Special Markets and availability guidelines and work cross-functionally with the Clinical Education and Events Team for execution. Reporting to the Group Relationship Manager, the Group Specialist, Special Markets will focus on alleviating partner and program tactical from sales to allow for expanded customer reach and development.
Primary focus will be to understand and offer solutions for partner education and oversee exclusive program needs, primarily in the Midmarket arena. The role is heavily focused on partner support and managing multiple education programs at one time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Being the right Group Specialist, Special Markets you have a strong since of accomplishment when providing consistent and exceptional customer focus. You are passionate and know what it means to truly care about the outcome of your projects and programs. Your communication skills are top notch with a concierge level approach when communicating with executives and clinical leaders. You have a high level of business acumen and thrive in a fast-paced multi-dimensional and consistently changing environment. You do not mind the little projects and administrative tasks as well as the larger strategic programs, and flourish working as part of a very busy team environment.
- Work directly with the business development team to cohesively build and maintain partner leadership relationships and actively participate with education recommendations.
- Monitor c-suite requests and partner support, acting as nerve center for Special Markets partners- triage support needs and monitor completion.
- Management of 120+ partner programs based on direction from Group Relationship Manager and Business Development Team.
- Work cross functionally with Professional Education and Align Events team on course materials, presentations, shipping, vendors, training team, and execution of logistics- maintaining high quality partner experience for Special Markets.
- Secure speakers via Event Team Speaker Manager for partner programs based on direction from Group Relationship Manager (partner dynamic).
- Manage speaker communication based on partner dynamic and program focus for all Special Markets programs.
- Facilitate partner dynamic de-brief with speaker, business development, and Group Relationship Manager to review partner topics and requested outcomes.
- Partner CE management and triage, manage onsite support needs, advise partners on venue selection, contract negotiations, collateral, and ad-hoc partner support needs.
- Fully engage in the planning of Special Markets National Annual Clinical Leadership Forum and Summit Roundtable, as well as quarterly/annual team meetings.
- Actively participate on partner launch calls with Align internal team and partner leadership.
- Represent Special Markets when business development and/or Group Relationship Manager are not present at partner education programs.
- Direct Event Logistics Manager on all Special Markets training event needs including sourcing venues and negotiating hotel and technology contracts for partners, and management of all aspects of event execution including site inspections, date selection, scheduling onsite support, technical needs, rooming list management/hotel, food and beverage, shipping coordination, materials, and attendee management.
- Execute various support needs for Special Markets team- managing tactical and supporting projects and requests.
Other duties may be assigned
- Self-motivated and dedicated with a high sense of urgency.
- Desire to work as part of a high performing team and fast growing business unit.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with quick adaptability.
- Able to maintain a strong customer focus in the context of the business strategy.
- Effective problem solving skills and natural ability to manage multiple programs and tasks at a time- must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- High level of time management skills and project deadlines.
- A clear desire to succeed, exhibiting the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
- Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to internal and external partners.
- Willing to travel for programs and team meetings as needed (estimate 20% travel) including occasional Saturdays.
Education and Experience
- College graduate (BA/BS) preferred.
- 7+ Years Professional experience.
- Executive support experience with c-suite and business leaders preferred.
- Successful management of events and programs preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.